Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Tribute


Today I realized how much I miss my older sister, Jessica. She’s such a good example. She’s amazing. She’s the oldest child and the first to serve a mission. She’s the only sibling married and has two wonderful children. There are several reasons that I miss my sister but themain reason is that she is just awesome! It seems like every time I talk to her, she has a new fun project that she’s doing. She quilts, she sows, she does everything.

Next, she’s amazingly fit. Irecall coming back from my mission, during which she had her first child, and if I hadn’t know that it was her child, I would’ve thought she adopted because she was as skinny as ever. In the fall, we did a sprint triathlon in Vegas together and I recall Jessica having so much energy that not only did she do the whole triathlon but she did extra!

Next, Jessica has the cutest kids ever! Now when I show pictures of my niece, I almost feel like I’m being boastful because I do notthink any other babies even compare to her. Teagan, Jessica’s daughter, is the cutest, most adorable kid I have ever seen. She’s fun to talk to, she’s cute as can be, AND she gives wet willies. What’s cooler than that?

Who'd have thought she'd give wet willies?
She really is a doll though!

Jessica is also, an amazing cook. When she returned from her mission from Thailand, she cooked the best dish ever, sticky rice. It was the sweetest thing that had ever touched my tongue. It was heavenly. She cooked an amazing Thanksgiving dinner this last year (if you get invited, don’t bring your laptop…her husband isn’t as great as she is…(inside joke, he's alright)).


In summary, Jessica is the best. As a youngster, she was an example for me to go on a mission, to be a better person, and to broaden my horizons. Today nothing has changed. She continues to amaze me and motivate me to be better. We’d all be lucky if we could find more friends like her! Love you and miss you Jessica!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you read this Jessica!! Great tribute to your older sis Preston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful. Older sisters are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you Preston! That was incredibly sweet. I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....very sweet. I am a little late in reading your blog. What a beautiful tribute. You are an amazing younger brother to express yourself so openly. I love you.

    ReplyDelete