Thursday, July 22, 2010

"I Love You"

Why are the simple words 'I love you' so nice to hear?Almost always, the feelings behind these simple words is expected and often times anticipated; however, there is a sweet, overwhelming feeling incurred by these straightforward words. No matter how anticipated they are, these words satisfy something deep in the soul, a feeling that seems only possible in fairy tales. As I have matured, these words have gained significant meaning. The only feelings I can recall that correspond with those aroused by these words are those I felt as a missionary, bringing souls unto Christ and seeing others accept the invitation of the Lord, Christ, to come unto Him. Maybe that is why we call charity the pure love of Christ. As we bringourselves and others tosalvation, we develop charity and experience those feelings associated with it, the very feelings endured upon hearing those beautiful words. Recently, I was address with these three simple words by a dear loved one, how my bosom swelled with joy, how I felt important, how I felt truly loved. I felt a literal swelling in my heart. How I adore those three exquisite words, 'I Love You.'

1 comment:

  1. Human nature craves a feeling of being of appreciated. When you tell someone you love them, I guess you are telling them you appreciate them and need them. Now you just got to get a good woman to say those words to!!

    ReplyDelete