Monday, July 19, 2010

Repulsive Attraction

Why does it always appear that you're interested in things you can't have? Women who aren't interested, cars that aren't affordable, luxuries that are out of the question. For me, the chase is attracting, it's tantalizing, it drives me closer. It is easier and sometime more enjoyable to flirt with someone who isn't interested. There is nothing to lose or to be ashamed about when being rejected. This seems independent of your likes and your feelings of the person. Not that it's not completely independent, but as my brother puts it best, if a person is above the line, then circumstances can change your level of attraction. I do not wish to suggest that just because someone isn't interested that this brings interest and attraction. I do not believe this in the slightest. I do, however, want to suggest that with a minimal level of friendship someone's dislike can easily spark the other's interest.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting. I think I understand you a little bit better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if that's good or bad but thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahha....sometimes i know that feeling exactly. like all the things i love to do that involve breaking rules, that wouldn't be NEARLY as fun if there wasn't danger in being caught.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm slightly confused...but I think you are on to something. Maybe an anecdote to illustrate would help me understand better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe for a different time, a different place...

    ReplyDelete