Sunday, October 18, 2009

Triathlon 10/17/09

  • Triathlon: Saturday. We were up at 6:30. We were supposed to be at the transition area at 7:00. It was freezing in the morning. I didn't sleep very good the night before due to the anxiety. The race was suppose to commence at 9 but didn't until 9:30. It was speculated that the delay was due to swim practice. Ty Roney, Matt Capone, and Ben Fletcher did the race with JM and me. The race was a blast. It was fun to be in the racing atmosphere. It felt like a swim meet where everyone is getting excited and is there together for a common cause. After each lap people cheered us on. At the end of the biking we ran and my legs felt like jelly. After about 100 yards they got back to normal. JM forgot to take his helmet off after the bike (he went a few yards before a lady told him to take it off). The running was probably my weakest link. But towards the end, I was tempted to sprint. I decided to save a little for the swim though. As I entered the pool house, I realized I forgot my googles so I borrowed someone else's. I pass like 6 people in the pool but after that I realized how tired I really was. 4 laps would have been good. I pushed through the next 3 and for the last I mustard the energy to sprint! 39 minutes. It was a great feeling of accomplishment. After JM came in we realized that Mike and Aubry Jensen came to support us! They took some victory pictures and it was great to feel their support!

No comments:

Post a Comment