Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mulan: The Quest for Territory

As I sat watching Mulan late last Saturday, I wondered why were the Mongolians suck jerks. It was kind of troubling. Who is this 10 foot scary guy pillaging China? I realized that it come back to the age long quest for territory. I realized that this quest has neither ended nor subsided in our days. Constantly I am engaging in a battle for territory. Daily my roommate and I struggle against each other for more room. Day-to-day his pile of clothes expands. Day-to-day I try consolidating the pile, throwing the peripheral clothing on top of the core pile. I strive and strive but my endeavors are futile. So after watching Mulan, I decided to take matters in my own hands. As my roommate ventured in the wilderness of Zion's national park, I was busy taking revenge and my plan was sweet... I took the whole pile of clothes and threw the whole thing into a box. For the first time, I could see my floor! It was the first time it had been vacuumed. Sweet success. Although the battle is never over and since that day we have dueled for floor space, I had a whole weekend of pure bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment